July 4th, 2021 Sunday afternoon Cycling around Beijing Railway Station-Beijing Ming City Wall-Longtan Lake Park Chaoyangmen South Alley Beijing Station Street The end of the road just ahead is Beijing Railway Station The Central Committee of the Communist Party of China decided in 1958 to plan and build 10 large-scale projects in the capital Beijing, which are “Beijing Top Ten Buildings” Beijing Railway Station is one of them Construction of Beijing Railway Station started in January 1959 and was completed and opened to traffic in September of the same year, with over 20,000 construction personnel After many renovations and expansions, it formed what it looks like today The number of passengers carried by Beijing Railway Station in the 1980s and 1990s reached more than 30 million per year At that time, there was a large flow of people around Beijing Railway Station, and it was the station with the largest passenger flow in Beijing and even the country Later, with the completion of other railway stations in Beijing and the popularization of airplane and car travel, today’s Beijing Railway Station can no longer see the crowded scenes of the past Beijing Station West Street Youtong Street On the east side of Youtong Street is the Beijing Post Hub.
Youtong Street was built along with the Beijing Post Hub and was named after it.
05:15 - Because it is very close to Beijing Railway Station, it used to be a place for many long-distance buses to solicit customers Maxian Hutong The building with a concave glass wall on the right front is the daily newspaper editing building Both Beijing Daily and Beijing Evening News have offices in this building Babaolou Hutong Suzhou Hutong Many Suzhou craftsmen and boat people who used to build the Beijing city and the imperial palace lived here, hence the name South Babao Hutong Chuanban Hutong Hougou Hutong To the left of the hutong in front is Asbury Church, the Chongwenmen Church of the Church of Christ in Beijing It is currently the oldest Christian Protestant church in Beijing The missionary Liu Hailan of The Methodist Episcopal Church built the first church of The Methodist Episcopal Church in Beijing in 1870.
09:17 - Named after the first U. S. Governor of The Methodist Episcopal Church, Francis Asbury The Tongren Hospital, Huiwen Middle School, Huiwen University (later merged with Yenching University) and other church institutions were successively built nearby Beijing Station West Street Model Worker Plaza The model worker which refers to the grass-roots workers who have made outstanding contributions in socialist construction and national construction.
11:33 - Model workers are mainly divided into national workers, provincial workers and ministries and commissions.
11:41 - Beijing has two model squares, the other in Olympic Forest Park The model workers square that we see now records the names of 1,197 model workers in the city since 1949 Next to the Model Workers Square is the Ming City Wall Ruins Park This is an introduction to the renovation project in 2002 The Ming City Wall of Beijing was built in the 17th year of Ming Yongle (AD 1419) The Ming city wall is 40 kilometers long in history The current section of the city wall extends to the east of the former site of Chongwenmen Gate in the west, and to the southeast corner of the inner city of Beijing in the east.
13:26 - It is 1. 5 kilometers in length and belongs to the inner city wall of Beijing. It was built during the Jiajing period of the Ming Dynasty It is the longest surviving section During the Ming and Qing dynasties, the government attached great importance to the protection and repair of the Beijing city wall Until 1900, the city of Beijing remained intact During the Boxer Rebellion in 1900, British troops smashed away the outer city wall and the Temple of Heaven wall on the east side of Yongding Gate Extend the end of the Jingfeng Railway (Beijing-Shenzhen Railway) from Majiapu outside the city to the Temple of Heaven This is the first time Beijing city walls have been cracked From 1912 to 1949, the Beiyang Government, the National Government and the North China Reform Government of the Republic of China all carried out small-scale demolition and modification of the Beijing city wall At that time, to facilitate traffic, passages such as Heping Gate, Jianguo Gate, and Fuxing Gate were opened on the city wall.
14:37 - By 1949, the overall layout of Beijing’s city pools remained intact, and most of the towers and arrow towers were also intact.
14:47 - After 1949, Beijing became the capital of the People’s Republic of China The government believes that the Beijing city wall obstructs traffic and is not conducive to urban planning, so it decided to completely demolish it.
15:02 - At the end of the 1950s, the outer city of the 39. 75-kilometer Beijing city wall was completely demolished, and half of the inner city was demolished.
15:14 - On July 1, 1965, the Beijing subway began construction At that time, the construction of the subway adopted the method of excavating an open channel and then covering it. All ground buildings in the area passed by the construction route need to be demolished Taking into account the problems of residents’ demolition and occupation of roads, most of the route of the eastern section of the subway is along the base of the city wall in Beijing’s inner city.
15:40 - The first phase of the subway project demolished the southern wall of the inner city, Xuanwumen, and Chongwenmen, with a total length of 23. 6 kilometers.
15:48 - The second phase of the project demolished Jianguomen, Dongzhimen, Andingmen, Xizhimen, Fuxingmen, the city walls and gates along the route, with a total length of 16. 04 kilometers Until 1979, when the demolition of the remaining city walls was ordered to stop and the remaining city gates to be protected The only remaining remains of the Beijing city wall are three inner city wall remnants in the south of Beijing Railway Station, north of the southeast corner of the inner city, and near Xibianmen In December 2001, the renovation of the Dongbianmen section of the Ming City Wall site in Beijing with a total length of more than 1,600 meters was fully launched In September 2002, the first phase of the Beijing Ming City Wall Relics Park was completed and the park was officially opened to the public The park retains more than 200 old trees, supplemented by other trees and lawns The left front door is the coupon hole where the Beijing-Shijiazhuang Ring Railway was built in 1915 to pass through the southern wall of the inner city.
It is located to the west of the southeast corner of the inner city.
19:48 - The southeast corner tower of Beijing’s inner city is the largest remaining corner tower of the city wall in China, built in the first year of the Ming Dynasty’s Zhengtong era (1436) Below is the East Second Ring Road, and the railway bridge to Beijing Railway Station spans above the Second Ring Road The tallest building in the distance is the tallest building in Beijing “China Zun” Jianguomen South Street Guangqumen Beili Side Road Guangqumen Inner Binhe Road Longtan East Road On the right is Longtan Park Longtan Park was founded in 1952, with a total area of 49.
2 hectares, of which the water area is 19. 47 hectares The building in front is the southeast Corner Tower of the outer city of Beijing Built in the 32nd year of Jiajing in the Ming Dynasty (1553), it collapsed naturally from the 1920s to the 1930s The rebuilding project of the southeast Corner Tower of the outer city was carried out in 2014-2016.
30:36 - The restored Corner Tower is 10. 9 meters north of the original site, and the interior is open to the public as a public library Zuoanmen West Street On the right side of the road is the new site of Beijing Children’s Palace Nameless road Longtan Baiguoyuan Road On the opposite side of the road is the west gate of Longtan Park Zuoanmen Inner Street Longtan Road Longtan Park North Gate Xizhao Temple Street Xizhao Temple Middle Street Guangming West Street Fuguang Road Xingfu Beili The front is Beijing Huiwen Middle School Peixin Street They are saying “fitness, swimming” to me Huiwen Middle School was founded in 1871 (the tenth year of Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty), and its predecessor was the “Meng Xue Guan” affiliated to the American Christian Church “Methodist Episcopal Church” In 1959, due to the construction of Beijing Railway Station, the school moved to its current location The right side of the road is the school south gate 3 It was renamed Beijing No.
26 Middle School in 1952, and was allowed to restore the name “Beijing Huiwen Middle School” in 1989.
51:16 - It is the first batch of key middle schools in Beijing, and the first batch of Beijing demonstrative general high schools Xingfu Street On the right is Beijing No. 109 Middle School The school was founded in 1958 as a junior high school at the time. It became a complete middle school in 1972 and designated as a district key middle school in 1979.
53:08 - Article alley Fahua Temple Street Fahua Temple Fahua Temple was built in the 17th year of Hongzhi in the Ming Dynasty（1504）, covering an area of nearly 30 acres in its heyday During the Republic of China, the temple fell After the founding of the People’s Republic of China, most of the temple’s houses became residential houses Congdian West Street West Hall Alley Slate alley Donglishiying Hutong Benchmark Hutong East Maweimao Hutong Nameless road Guangqumen Inner Street Pedestrian bridge across Guangqumen Inner Street Guangqumen Inner Street West Huashi West Street Drink water, the picture is a bit ups and downs, sorry Guorui West Road Guorui North Road North Huashi Street Intersection East Huashi North Street This street seems to be cut off North Huashi Street South Huashi Street East Huashi Nanli Road Chongwen Primary School Ding’an Road On the left side of the road is Beijing Guangqumen Middle School It is a full-time complete middle school, founded in 1954, formerly known as the 15th Beijing Girls’ Middle School I want to go to the gate of Longan Temple to end today’s filming, but I seem to be lost Long’an Temple should be behind the red wall in front, but here can not pass.
79:48 - The man who pushes the bicycle provides a knife sharpening service The sound of metal flakes is part of the traditional iconic hawking of the sharpening industry Can be heard from a long distance, highly recognizable Baiqiao Street Long’an Temple was built in the fifth year of Jingtai in the Ming Dynasty (1454) During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Long’an Temple experienced several rises and falls, but the temple buildings are well preserved In 1952, the temple was turned into Long’an Temple Primary School.
In 1983, the three-story hall at the back of the temple was renovated.
80:45 - Longan Hutong The east part of the temple site is occupied by the “Chongwen Youth Science and Technology Museum in Dongcheng District, Beijing” South-South Cooperation Promotion Association This is the main gate of Longan Temple In 1984, Long’an Temple was listed as a cultural relics protection unit in Beijing This is all for today, thank you for watching Chongwen Youth Science and Technology Museum, Dongcheng District, Beijing.